This is a question that we regularly ask ourselves in our day to day lives at work and at home (or we should be asking ourselves, but I’ll get to that). How up to date am I? What else do I need to do today? As I have immersed myself in to the World of Marketing and naturally have been immersed in to the World of Social Media as a Millennial growing up with new technology every year, it has never been clearer to me that there are a lot of people out there that need support to keep up to date in every sense of the word.
As I have interacted with more and more Equipment Rental companies in my search for future clients to support with sales growth, I would say at the moment that there are huge problems with the following:
- Poor Website Designs; often the case across SME Rental Businesses that have either taken a cheap and cheerful route to just get online in the past but haven’t changed it since or have spent some money but with a Design Agency that hasn’t got experience of the Rental Industry and can’t identify with the customer journey.
- Dated Websites; on average I would say 8/10 websites I have viewed across SME Rental Businesses are ranging from 3 – 6 years old with poor navigational layouts, too much content, and no clear structure for their customer to find what they’re looking for in the short time they have to find it.
- No Social Media Channels; we are in 2017. We all get that some companies have done business in a certain way and have been successful without online presence for years simply happy to trade with a small amount of local customers. But if you want to IMPROVE your brand awareness online, interact with modern day customers, increase enquiries and therefore sales and ultimately GROW YOUR BUSINESS… You absolutely should be on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter as Social Media Channels to be interacting with colleagues, customers and competitors alike.
- Dated Social Media Channels; this can often be just as bad, if not worse than not having any at all. It can be time consuming keeping content updated, posting regularly and relevantly whilst ensuring you represent your brand well. There has to be time allocated to this somehow, it’s part of your brand, part of your ‘sell’ and part of your business.
- Dated Marketing Techniques; we all love a good flyer and brochure along with our business card to give our customers. But guess what, everyone has been doing that for a very long time. It’s not about replacing these basic functions, there will always be a place for this type of traditional printed design but it’s about recognising and implementing the new digital techniques that the vast majority of your customers will be looking for in order for you to be different, innovative and most importantly… online, because why wouldn’t you be? It’s 2017 after all.
These 5 areas are certainly not the exhaustive list of problems but for me, they seem to be the most common Top 5. Coupled with a faster paced world of work, where everything is at your finger tips, a click away and provided instantly, if you’re not there then your competitor will be. So I’m asking you… how up to date are you?
We are offering an Online Review Package that will assess your present situation then offer you clear solutions of how you can improve today… Oh and it’s *FREE*.
To see how Tall Zebra Designs can bring you in to 2017, click here: https://tallzebradesigns.co.uk/contact-us or contact me on the details below now.